The Cochrane Common Mental Disorders Group (formerly the Depression, Anxiety and Neurosis Group) was established in 1996 and is a global network made up of our:
- Our core editorial team is located in the Centre for Reviews and Dissemination at the University of York.
- Content editors - from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds with specific content knowledge combined with systematic review expertise.
- Statistical and methodological editors - our statistical and methodological editors comment on protocols and reviews during the editorial process. They also answer statistical and methodological queries from review authors.
- We have a number of indivduals who have agreed to act as content experts for the Group. These individuals bring a breath of experience and knowledge including expertise gained from working in clinical practice, policy, the voluntary sector and from lived experience of common mental disorders.
- Academic Reviewers - members with expertise on individual topics who comment on protocols and reviews during the editorial process.
- Consumer representatives - we often ask consumer representatives to provide comments on protocols and reviews in order to help ensure that the interests of thoswe with lived experience (such as patients and carers) are met.
- Our authors are based around the world many conduct the systematic reviews on a voluntary basis, in multi-disciplinary teams. Members of the editorial base as well as our editors are also authors for our Group
- The Common Mental Disorders Group also has satellites that provide clusters of editorial and content expertise in other locations and help ensure we have access to the best expertise for specialist areas that fall within our portfolio. Find out more about our satellites.
Conflicts of interest
Conflicts of interest statements for the Cochrane Common Mental Disorders editorial team are available here.